Old 01-09-2008, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default A dwarf Camellia?

On Aug 31, 9:17 pm, "Jacqueline Davidson"
wrote:
We want to put Camellias in a space where it is shaded but has good light,
but there is a height limit of about 8 feet. Is there a Camellia for this
space or what might we use instead, here in zone 7, NW Mississippi. We
have a covered walk way to the shop,and the space between the sidewalk and
the house is 4 feet. (new house) Suggestions?
Thanks,
Jackie

I agree that Yuletide is a rather small, upright, narrow bush. So is
Jean May,
but they grow to 6-8 feet here in Nor Cal. Cleopatra is smallish too,
and
Ave Maria about 6 ft.

Here are some NOT to get as they are all at least 10 feet and up to 15
ft. here.
Pink Perfection, Jordan's Pride, CM Wilson, Mrs Charles Cobb, Mrs.
Tingley,
Setsugekka, Kanjiro, Shishigashira, and Hana Jiman.
Emilie
NorCal