Old 01-09-2008, 04:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Celeste Evans Celeste Evans is offline

Default Hydrangea

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 00:46:39 -0400, Stephen Henning
wrote:

Sheila wrote:

Does it really live up to blooming all summer or is that just hype?

Almost. It first blooms on old wood and then blooms on new wood. There
is a gap where it is between old and new wood. Mine do well here in
Zone 6. I have heard some complaints from colder zones. Endless Summer
is a brand name and not a variety, since they have an entire series of
Endless Summer hydrangeas.

Thanks for the distinction. What color do you have? The only
hydrangeas which truly do well here are oak leaf hydrangeas which are
native.
http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Security is not what I have, it's what I can do without,,,

I have had an Endless Summer hydrangea in Austin TX for the last two
years. I have a blue one that is slowly turning pink. It has indeed
bloomed all summer. Both years. However it wants entirely too much water
and I will probably not get another. Next year it is going to have a lot
less water and we will see how it does.

Cea