Old 01-09-2008, 01:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default spray-on weed killer

On Sep 1, 3:18*am, "rb" wrote:
Many of your spray-on weed killers cost somewhere around $3-$4/gal .
Looking at 20 gal required.

Is there any kind of spray-on weed killer that is effective at less cost per
gallon?

Do you need one that's for turf or one that kills everything? If
it's the latter, check out Razor glyphosate. Glyphosate is the
component of original Roundup. It's available highly concentrated,
like 50%, online or Ebay. I bought 2.5 gallons few years ago for
about $100. That makes a couple hundred gallons, depending on how
concentrated you mix it for the type of weeds your working on. Which
could work very cost effective for you if you need more in the future
or could split it with someone, etc.

If you google online, you can probably find similar deals on
concentrated versions of selective herbicides as well. I never needed
that much of the selective, so I didn't bother.