Old 01-09-2008, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dead Buddleia

On Sep 1, 1:41*pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 05:34:28 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Aug 31, 11:36*pm, "Cat(h)" wrote:
On Aug 29, 1:37*pm, K wrote:

"Cat(h)" writes

I didn't know you could kill those things. *You have my condolences.
I chopped the lard out of mine last spring, down to about a foot,
because it was getting a bit out of hand.
It is now around 6ft tall with lovely deep purple flowers. *I love it.
I saw a yellow one the other day. *It is just wrong. *Those plants
were *never* meant to be yellow. *Never mind have ball-shaped flower
clusters!

Buddleja globosa has bright orange ball shaped flowers. It's a genuine
species, not a hybrid.
--
Kay

I'm not claiming anything - merely expressing my view in a probably
silly way. *I like purple buddleia, I find the yellow pointy or globe
ones much less attractive. *That's all I'm saying :-)

Cat(h)

I like them all Cat, but my favourite is the white one. *I also love
the purple one which I feed and I have huge lilac type flowers.

No wonder they call you Blossom in the village
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

LOL, you remember then?

Judith