Old 01-09-2008, 05:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
D Kat[_2_] D Kat[_2_] is offline

Default Wintering Frogs

I don't have the answer but I am thinking of putting a cat litter box filled
with kitty litter clay in the bottom of the pond. I'm not sure what to put
on the top to keep the clay from muddying up the water.

Donna

"DaddyOooh" wrote in message
I've been told that frogs will burrow in the muck at the bottom of a
pond for the winter. Is this true? If so, for a pond with a liner
which eliminates much of the muck, is there a way to provide an
alternative for frogs living in the pond? I fished out several frogs
this last spring which apparently had no place to burrow for the
winter and so they didn't make it. Thanks.