Old 02-09-2008, 02:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim S. Jim S. is offline

Default Crabgrass and clover hell

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 19:56:45 -0400, Peter Pan
wrote:

apply the crab grass killer in early spring (March) If memory serves
when the temp is between 50 - 55 degrees.
Killing Clovers: Can be done almost anytime. I use a broad leave killer
from Lesco. basically you wet the grass with the sprinklers, apply the
Broad leave Herbicide, make sure it stays dry for 3 days and it goes
away. In the fall make sure you seed to thicken up the yard. Thick grass
helps prevent weeds from growing in the first place

That's what everyone seems to say, wait till spring. I may try
acclaim this fall, like another poster suggested, but I'll plan to
attack it next spring.

As for the clover, I have tried 2-3 different broad leaf herbicides,
but no success.

I also like the idea of seeding in the fall. What's the best way to
do that? They resnt these seeders that make holes and deposit the
seeds. Do they work? If not, what should I do, before throwing seed
down? You can tell I am new at this :-(

Jim