Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Kathryn Selfe Kathryn Selfe is offline
Registered User

Hi
I agree with John I think it is poke weed!! a bit dissapointing but interesting plant non the less!!

Kathryn
http://carreglefn-nurseries.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOhN View Post
Celeste Evans wrote:
Poke weed

Cea

In article ,
"TLR" wrote:

I was visiting some cousins this weekend in Bellville (Hwy 36
Brenham/Sealy/Hempstead area), and was shown a mystery plant that
sprouted in a bed seeded with a package of wildflowers.

I have searched through all my books and for hours on the web, but
can't find anything like it. Does anyone here know what it might be?
I took some photos of it he
http://www.raifordmultimedia.com/Dia...P4180103b.html.
There are notes below each picture with further information.

Thanks!
TR

Ditto

My first poke weed grew to about 10 feet tall ( I was enthralled by it)
and the birds crapped purple all over everything. They now get pulled.