Old 02-09-2008, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default has the Met office lost the plot?

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

Yes, indeed. It's food for many moths and crickets, among other things.
recent thread explored the loss of once-common chirruping crickets and
their
like. Those who claimed to still see them were the people who grew
grass or
lived close to grassland. I'll stick with my grass and its treasured
inhabitants - they are worthwhile to me. There are areas aplenty in my
garden where grass has vanished in the interest of 'better' plants, but I
must also have native and natural things around me.

My garden was full of tiny crickets this spring, but the bloody spiders
ate most of them...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig