Old 02-09-2008, 08:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Isabella Woodhouse Isabella Woodhouse is offline

Default Organic Buying spree.............

In article ,
"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote:

"Marie Dodge" wrote

Steve Young wrote:
Marie, have you ever approached posting as a giver?

Every day.

Hardly! I don't see signs of it here.
It's simply take and then whine and complain.
When asked, your reply is to look it up yourself.

[...]
So again I ask, are you really that dense Marie?

Marie fits the classic definition of a "troll" which is someone who
deliberately disrupts online forums and communities. We need to
understand that Marie's purpose here is not to obtain assistance. She's
on a crusade and posts in the same kind of attack mode which
characterizes her posts to a large number of other (often wacky)
newsgroups. When I posted that it seemed she took every opportunity to
attack organic, sustainable gardening methods and that it seemed that
was her mission, she appeared to confirm that was true.

Based on her posting record here and in RFP, it's pretty obvious that
she considers even mere mentions of non-toxic methods to be
"exaggerations". I say that because, despite her indictment of organic
"exaggerations", I was unable to find a single organic related
exaggeration in any of the antecedents to her posts that I examined,
though I allow for the possibility that I might have missed a couple.
Someone politely suggests something like Safer's to her and she
uniformly reacts as though such suggestions are all preposterous. That
so many people here have found such methods to be helpful enough to
suggest seems to add far more to her sense of paranoia than
encouragement or trust.

Underlying all this, I suspect, are political motives and some kind of
perceived threat to her lifestyle and values which one might conclude
are abundantly unsustainable. Other factors (lies, revisionism,
equivocation, obfuscation, etc) suggest some kind of weird pathology as
well. I concluded early on that she is a waste of time as far as
gardening goes. But, nonetheless, she presents an interesting, though
somewhat depressing, view into the mind of someone absent of social
conscience yet so obsessed that others don't see things her way to
expend vast amounts of time posting fictitious nonsense and copious
insults to well-intentioned people who try to help her.

Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot