Old 03-09-2008, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Abundence project on bbc breakfast

Tim Perry wrote:
mogga;813975 Wrote:
Did anyone else see this? A group in Sheffield shaking trees to get
the fruit off and passing it on to local groups and charities.

I can't think of a single apple tree on public land where I live - am
I just not looking hard enough?

Should the govt plant a fruit tree for every person all around the UK?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

I remember seeing fruit trees planted along the roadside in Germany,
could work, but the idea of some elderly lady toddling along the M25
with a carrier bag on her zimmer frame to get a handful of apples
makes
me shudder.

Oh I don't know, it might solve the problem of us wrinklies getting to
numerous!