Old 03-09-2008, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Amethyst Deceiver Amethyst Deceiver is offline

Default Abundence project on bbc breakfast

In article ,
says...
Did anyone else see this? A group in Sheffield shaking trees to get
the fruit off and passing it on to local groups and charities.

I can't think of a single apple tree on public land where I live - am
I just not looking hard enough?

No, there just may not be any. When I lived in York we used to go along
the cycle path picking loads of tiny apples which I would dice and
freeze for use later in the year. We don't have any of those where I
live now. However, now I can pick pounds of raspberries from the canes
that have escaped the garden of what looks like it used to be a Big
House to the roadside on the way to the railway station. Pounds. I got
13 small jars of jam, and put up 4 jars of raspberry booze each with
2lbs of berries in. I'm the only one who picks the things!