Old 03-09-2008, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weed killer

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 07:27:16 +0100, Pete Stockdale wrote:

I have one of those cheap (£15) Gas WeedKillers and am having
difficulty finding replacement gas canisters with a screw fitting.

Funny I thought it was a standard fitting for blow lamps etc. Tried the
plumbing section ina DIY shed?

They do not work so save your money and try something else!

They do but not instantly and things with persistant roots, dandelions
thistles etc need repeated treatment. I suspect many people either try to
incinrate the top growth rather as they go than just flash the flame over
it. It's the blast of heat that ruptures the plants cells that does for
the plant.

Very useful though, for lighting the bonfire and no matches (has piezo)
needed either !

Yep.

--
Cheers