Old 03-09-2008, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Abundence project on bbc breakfast

mogga writes
Did anyone else see this? A group in Sheffield shaking trees to get
the fruit off and passing it on to local groups and charities.

I can't think of a single apple tree on public land where I live - am
I just not looking hard enough?

Should the govt plant a fruit tree for every person all around the UK?

The nature reserve (1) I help look after has apples, cherries and plums.
Working parties in the right season are very pleasant ;-)

(1) It's an urban reclaimed site (with old mill ponds, stream and
surrounding fields) so as well as the native stuff, we get gifts from
local gardeners.
--
Kay