Old 03-09-2008, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Abundence project on bbc breakfast

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:24:00 +0100, K wrote:

mogga writes
Did anyone else see this? A group in Sheffield shaking trees to get
the fruit off and passing it on to local groups and charities.

I can't think of a single apple tree on public land where I live - am
I just not looking hard enough?

Should the govt plant a fruit tree for every person all around the UK?

The nature reserve (1) I help look after has apples, cherries and plums.
Working parties in the right season are very pleasant ;-)

(1) It's an urban reclaimed site (with old mill ponds, stream and
surrounding fields) so as well as the native stuff, we get gifts from
local gardeners.

That sounds interesting - how long has it been a nature reserve?

We've got Moston Brook not far away and that'll have blackberries but
thats all I've seen on it.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk