Old 03-09-2008, 07:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default Climber for west facing house wall - C.armandii?

"andyal" wrote in message

I want a climber, preferably evergreen, reasonably quick growing, for
the side of the house (including the not-so-aesthetically pleasing
extension). I have got cold feet over ivy - had thought about
Hedera...Gloire de marengo, and boston ivy (too rampant?), but the
current favourite is Clematis armandii. Anyone have experience with
this, what is the best way to support the clematis?

I see you are in the UK- but knowing exactly where you are might help folks

Climate matters.

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky