Old 03-09-2008, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tbell tbell is offline

Default Roots!

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:52:27 -0700, Diana Kulaga wrote
(in article ):

It hasn't grown all that much, Tom, but it looks great. It's in a slat
basket, no medium, lives with the Vandas (pretty high light all day) and
gets watered every morning for 5 minutes. Fert when we do the Vandas. My
guess is that the light is the key, along with good watering.

No special care here. Dumb luck, maybe? But all our Vandas have been
fantastic this year, so maybe it was jealous!

Diana

Thanks. Mine looked great when I bought it from Orchids Alive about a year
ago. I've been concerned about too much light, because although the roots
look very healthy, the leaves are very pale, lime green.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200