Old 03-09-2008, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default has the Met office lost the plot?

In message , dutchman
wrote
Can somebody enlighten me as to

1 - The national BBC weather forecast has no clouds any way near us.
But the local BBC weather shows rain.

2 - Yahoo weather, BBC weather and Met office web sites all show
different weather forecasts for the same place. I just have do an
average of all 3 to get a reasonable forecast.

3 - When I check out the weather on the Met office (typically) website
we are on the very edge of the 'West Midlands' map and right on the
very edge of the 'East Midlands' map. When will I be able to get the
forecast for my town bang in the middle of the screen. My response
from the met office was 'you get what we give you'.

The weather computer models cannot agree on what the forecast is for
tomorrow but when the same models are used to predict global warming
suddenly normally sane people believe the results!

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com