Old 03-09-2008, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Toms??

"Spooooool" wrote in message
How have other folks' tomatoes been doing? I have yellow cherry type
ones in the conservatory which have done very well. But in the Greenhouse
are big red beefsteak ones which have grown big but none yet red. Am I
being impatient or should they have gone red by now?

cheers

Jon

I sowed about seven varieties in the greenhouse, all flourished -
eventually - and have set fruit - eventually. Some even ripened -
eventually.

We've had quite a few meals from them but there will be very many more.

Eventually.

We're in Leeds so don't expect early crops but this year everything except
slugs has been later than usual, haven't even had a glut of runners. Yet.

Mary