Old 03-09-2008, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Toms??

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On 3 Sep 2008 16:47:21 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 17:41:30 +0100, Spooooool wrote:

How have other folks' tomatoes been doing? I have yellow cherry type
ones in the conservatory which have done very well. But in the
Greenhouse are big red beefsteak ones which have grown big but none yet
red. Am I being impatient or should they have gone red by now?

My outdoor plum tomatoes are ripening nicely, but then I do live in
Jersey! A few banana skins draped here and there will hurry things along.

Especially if you slip on one.

Our plum tomatoes are ripe and red and taste of nothing.

Next year grow San Marzano, then.

Sort-of plum tomato with a pointy end, and loads of flavour.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig