Old 04-09-2008, 04:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default lettuce seeds

"Ivan" wrote in message

Hi there..
Thank you kindly for your advise!
How would you recommend I'd encourage the potatoes to grow shoots?

-

if they're not just naturally shooting all by themselves because it's time
(which mine are), put them somewhere with a bit of light, which is a bit
warm, & they'll soon hop to it.

---

As this is my first time planting these, I'm not sure what to do!

-

i, too, panicked about potatoes at first (it's because you can't see what
they're doing while they're in the ground!! ;-) however, they are very very
easy & very low maintenance too. the worst that might happen is you get scab
or something like that, but you're virtually guaranteed a good usable yield
anyway, considering the low effort put in.

they love rotted manure & straw & a generally slightly acid soil (which
manure helps with); or failing that, compost or similar or even rotted
leaves or soemthing like that. just keep piling it on as the plants grow.
kylie

I did, however, plant them whole, and not cut them up .... Even though
it was recommended I do so by many sourses..