Old 04-09-2008, 06:15 PM
andrew bennett andrew bennett is offline
Registered User

Default Brunfelsia pauciflora in the UK

Hi I just wondered if anyone else has had any luck growing this shrub outdoors in the uk? I have a plant that i brought back from the south coast of Sri Lanka, which i accidently left out all last winter. It was quite a large shrub, maybe 2ft in diameter, and survived right through the winter in a pot only losing it's leaves in feb/march. It was back in full leaf by the end of April and flowered all May and June before resting for 2 months and just beginning to flower again. I'm wondering if it was just a one off, or whether it's safe to leave it out again. I'm in North London and i guess the minimum would have been minus 4-5.