Old 04-09-2008, 07:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Isabella Woodhouse Isabella Woodhouse is offline

Default Why Heirloom Tomatoes??

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

I should probably plant "Black Krim" or "Green Moldovan" next year.

Not long ago I saw Black Krims for sale at Whole Foods. Our regular
grocery now claims to sell some varieties of heirloom tomatoes. They
certainly look like they could be. But I almost never buy "fresh"
tomatoes from the grocery anymore. We eat our fill in the summer and
fall from the garden.

Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot