Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Toms??

"John E" wrote in message

Hmm. Well, I live in Peterborough, not too far from East Anglia, and my
tomatoes are as stated. My pixie does not need any support, and the
tomatoes are tasty!

Odd that my Shirley is so far behind yours! Although mine are beginning to
'yellow up' now.

I do have a very organic rich compost in which they are grown. I wonder if
it is too rich? Maybe a more mineral rich compost would be better next
year.

Keep faith !
As my soupmaker reminded me only thottherday- there is tom soup stocked in
the freezer with a made on date
of mid December 2007.
Still tastes super.
Just a matter of keeping the developing fruits frost free.
Mucho time yet !
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com