Old 23-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Shadow

Default What happenned to JW Jung Seed Co ???

wrote in message
try this

http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/r...yoldhouse.html
now try this

http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/R...yoldhouse.html

and tell me if case doesnt make a difference. Ingrid

I guess I should have been more specific in my reply. What I meant to point
is the fact that a FQDN (Fully Qualifuied Domain Name) is not case
sensitive, In other words, DNS servers do not care whether you type the URL
in upper case or lower case. So, http://www.jungseed.com/ and
http://www.JUNGSEED.com will both work, and that was what I was referring
to. Now, having said that, if you are including a web directory in your URL
(as you have done in your example), then yes, case can become an issue,
depending on whether the web server is running a unix OS or Windows. Unix is
case sensitive, Windows is not. However, at this point we are on the
webserver. The name server has already done it's job by resolving the FQDN.

Sorry if I caused confusion

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.