Old 05-09-2008, 07:45 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default Please identify this tree for me

In message
,
JREwing writes
I didn't plant this brave little tree growing in my hostile yard and I
tried to uproot it at first, but it just wouldn't let go, so I started
watering it.

Now it's ten feet tall and growing rapidly in the fierce summer
heat...

All it wants is water.

I'm sure it's probably a common landscaping tree that just volunteered
to grow there, but I don't know what it is.

It has dull pale green accuminate, opposite decussate leaves, with
smooth edges and sparse pinnate venation.

In the absence of a picture, could you describe the shape and margin of
the leaves.

The leaves tend to fold upwards in the center and curl downwards at
the point.

The bark is grey with very fine little white bumps. The branches are
growing up like a menorah and I think it will be a tall tree but not
very wide.

I don't know if it's a deciduous tree or not, I never noticed it
shedding its leaves in the winter.

Thanks for your help.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley