Old 05-09-2008, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weed

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
I have a weed which has invaded my garden and I wage a constant battle
against it . It spreads by putting out shoots which then pop up and form
the
next weed. If the slightest piece breaks off it forms a new weed. I don't
know what it is called.
I have tried using roundup and it certainly seems to work but some areas
are
so bad I have had to dig them up as best as I can with limited success.
Is there a procedure for dealing with this pest?
Blair

We are good - just not that good! how about a few clues? size, colour,
leaf shape, does it flower? if you are able to put a picture up somewhere
then post the link on here that would also help, at the moment you have
narrowed it down to around 70,000 possibilities.

With almost nothing to go on, my bet is ground elder ;-)

Also a concrete over and move jobbie if you have a lot of it, although I
did manage to get rid of a small patch I had by digging it up and sifting
the soil for any broken roots every time it showed its head - took about a
year.