Old 05-09-2008, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Bank errosion on a small stream, any ideas on how too stop it ??

The message
from dutchman contains these words:

Your right on that, as its in a new housing estate. Whereby both banks
come with the property.

Ones of the problems is that the stream was diverted, so they could
built moew houses. But my bets are the stream is trying to get back
to its original course.

It looks like as the most cost effective option is to use wooden
stakes every 750mm and then board up at he back, and rock infill
behind it and the bank. I am told that heavy vaccum tanalised timbers
will last over 10 years.

Planting willows would be cheaper and better - and if you plant the
right ones (osiers) you can harvest them and flog them to
basket-makers...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig