Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default has the Met office lost the plot?

On 5/9/08 22:01, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We've had it hurling against the windows since early this morning. Now it's
stopped for a bit but the breeze is getting up again and it's a very black
horizon over there. We're going to lunch with someone who is moving to
Gloucestershire and wants to give Ray cuttings of some of her most precious
plants,

Coo!

so there's a fair chance we'll be drenched to the skin and blown to
Cornwall!

And which is worse?

In the event, it was half and half. We arrived in pouring rain - there was
a break in wind and rain while we were having pre-lunch drinks so we did a
dash round the garden closest to the house, intending to do the walled
garden and other bits after lunch. During lunch the heavens opened again,
wind ripped up the valley and we all agreed the rest would have to wait for
another time! Poor thing had a Rosa banksia torn off the front of her house
almost as we watched. Luckily, it wasn't actually uprooted.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com