Old 06-09-2008, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Weed

The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:

/ground elder/

Makes a good green veg, though.

Yes, allegedly, I haven't been brave enough, you might tell me how to cook
it perhaps? I would be up for it (lots next door that I could eat)

Pick the young shoots and cook as you would cook spinach.

You can use the older leaves as a flavouring in stews and casseroles,
but it is said, not after the plant has flowered.

I just cut them down and capture all the new shoots. It's really very good.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig