Old 09-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] rooting hormones was; Cuttings from woody plants

Finally, there are some who believe that the hormones are only a help in
preventing fungus while the plant roots itself.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

Huh? Do you mean because most rooting formulations include a
fungicide, or are you talking about the action of the hormone itself?
I haven't heard this, but, of course, I've only been a tree
pathologist since Monday!

As Jim mentioned, one can get information about which strength of
rooting hormone to use from Dirr's propagation manual, which I can't
cite because it is still packed in a box. But that kind of
information is mostly useful to commercial growers, who need to root
cuttings at a high success rate at maximum speed. It's not that
crucial if you need one cutting to root at some point.
--
Nina Shishkoff

Frederick, MD

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: