Old 06-09-2008, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default Grrr...

On 06/09/08 18:02, Sheila wrote:
I hate people who over water plants!

That is not good. Don't hate anyone.

I have been going to visit a lady 3 times a week for what seems like a
hundred years, and in that time, her houseplants have been given the most
appalling treatment. They get water whether they need it or not, they are
never re potted, the top of the soil is caked with limescale......or what
looks like it.... gross, and last week I could hold my peace no longer, When
I had to hold one plant (not in pot, in bowl with no drainage over the sink
and squeeze it out..... it was illiberally floating..I said enough is
enough, I am going to get some potting compost next week and try to give
your plants some tlc. and leave the watering to me!

If you visit 3 times a week, how come the plants are so mistreated?

Ed