Old 07-09-2008, 04:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Isabella Woodhouse Isabella Woodhouse is offline

Default Tomato "green shoulder": always means too much sun?

In article ,
Pat Kiewicz wrote:
[...]
On a tangent, I may have finally found a mid-season slicing tomato that
both looks beautiful and tastes great, plus is highly disease resistant: a
European variety named Royesta (available from Tomato Grower's Supply).
It looks like an old heirloom type, what with the bumpy/ribbed shoulders,
but has out produced the heirlooms I'm growing, and tastes much, much
better than the other hybrid I'm growing. Royesta is State-Fair-exhibit
pretty.

I've passed this on to my DH who orders frequently from that supplier.
Mortgage Lifter has done extremely well for us this year. Very tasty
indeed.
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot