Old 07-09-2008, 03:24 AM posted to aus.gardens
YMC YMC is offline

Default Compost Worms

"len gardener" wrote in message
where ever you can get them at a good price ymc,

do for red wrigglers or tigers the night crawlers are that by name and
nature.

if you knew someone with a worm farm you could get some from them.

Thanks. I'm living in Warrandyte. Victoria. I think I'll just swing around
to Bunnings and get a bucket. But it cost about $59 for a 1000+ compost worm
bucket.

My hesistation is cos in the past I used to buy the worms and find them gone
into about a years time.

Then I realize its cos the compost piles are in direct sun. And during
Summer the worms die. So I relocated the bins to a shady spot.