Old 07-09-2008, 07:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Peggy Peggy is offline

Default Agapanthus without blooms

I moved to Northwest Arkansas three years ago and each spring have
observed the emergence of thick, spear-shaped leaves in a portion of
my new front yard. I have noticed this plant growing in other parts
of town as well. On a visit to Southern California this summer, I was
able to identify the plant as the leafy growth of agapanthus - which
in LA was blooming voraciously. However, here in Arkansas we seem to
be missing our bloom. Does anyone have experience with non-blooming
agapanthus? Is there anything I can do to encourage bloom for next
spring?

Peggy