Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Grrr...

On 7/9/08 19:53, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Damn right you won't. I'm right and I know it. I've fought this battle
| several times since then and I haven't won it once. People who over-water
| just do it because they have to. I had to throw one out this week! I think
| we need a House Plants Anonymous, actually!

Well, yes, but I have killed houseplants by accidental overwatering.
If you work during the day, and it's a hot sunny day (us oldsters
can remember such things), you need to water well in the morning.
If it then turns overcast and cold and stays that way, sensitive
plants can die.

There are plants that can't stand either drying out or being waterlogged.
Many seedlings are like that.

I have reduced this by growing all such plants in my own (more-or-less
John Innes) compost, but it still happens.

I've solved this by watering plants overnight and leaving them in the sink,
putting them back in their respective places in the morning. I don't have
anything fancy so it probably works for mine. Hot sunny day.......hot sunny
day......it'll come to me in a moment......

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com