Old 07-09-2008, 11:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Palin and environment

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
. ..
Zootal wrote:

I vote to legalize it. Let the stupid and weak drug themselves to death.
It will clean up the gene pool. The quality and realibility of the drugs
will stabalize, and much of the crime associated with drugs will go
away.

I don't care about the drug part, but the Woody Harrelsons and Simplest
person here, tout hemp for fabric and rope uses which to me is just a
disguise for the stronger drug containing versions. Hemp as a fiber went
out with invention of nylon and other man mades which are not only far
superior but in the long run more environmentally friendly because they
consume less resources along with being superior products.

Obviously you believe in the never ending forest. Keep cutting and they
will come back the way they were (not happening) Growing hemp could
greatly reduce impact on forest for pulp for paper.
The first flag was hemp.
Ben's Kite string was hemp.
Constitution was on hemp.
As far as tree ropes go I will stick with the ones (synthetic) but there
is no reason hemp could not be produced for paper.

Hemp for paper is a great old idea. And it is better than suicide which
was mentioned here as a solution for environmental issues.
http://www.votehemp.com/

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

The "never-ending" theorem was taught (taught still?) as part of the
Louisiana Purchase train of thought in most public schools. Followed by "go
west, young man". And other fairy tales in such old Hollywood movie
fabrications as well. Another is Seward's Folly ala Alaska being something
equally for something to be tamed and domesticated. It ain't just the trees
either.
--
Dave

Mankind, homo sapiens, 3rd chimpanzee