Old 08-09-2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Palin and environment

"Billy" wrote in message
In article
,
Frank wrote:

Who cares? If they need to drill for oil on your front lawn, I say,
"Go for it."

Here in California, the coast is a tourist attraction. An oil
spill would reduce tourist dollars that our economy needs. What
would we get for the oil that would be pumped? The best guess is
3 to 4 cents price reduction/gallon in 10 years. The oil wouldn't
be earmarked for the US. consumption. It would go to traditional oil
markets for sale to the highest bidder and we would see little
benefit for the average citizen. Conservation and alternative
energy sources are what we need, not subsidies to petroleum
and nuclear energy producers.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

RFK jr made similar contentions as well regarding for drilling for offshore
oil in the future. U.S. makes 3% of the worldwide oil, yet uses well over
30% of that worldwide available oil. Its hard to believe that anything
drilled by U.S. oil companies will have any substantial impact on that.
Yet, people still keep biting on that political hook. SSDD...
--
Dave

Mankind, homo sapiens, 3rd chimpanzee
or whatever you choose, is not separate