Old 08-09-2008, 04:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
amandaF amandaF is offline

Default Eggplants

On Sep 1, 5:36 pm, Janet Wilder wrote:
James wrote:
Some times people give me eggplants. What is the easiest recipe using
only the microwave and as few other ingrediants as possible?

punch a few holes in the skin with an ice pick and nuke it for a few
minutes cheking if it is getting soft every few minutes. It probably
shouldn't take more than 10 minutes at most, but I've never actually
done it and all microwaves are the same.

When the outside seems soft, remove the eggplant and cool it. When it's
cool split it open and remove the flesh. Try to remove as many seeds as
you can without getting paranoid over it. Chop up the removed eggplant
meat.

Chop some sweet onion. Chop a hard boiled egg. Mix them all together.
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over it and season with salt and fresh
pepper. If you are into hot stuff, shake some hot sauce into it, but not
too much. Chill for a few hours.

Hey, that's kind of like the way my family cook eggplant once in a
while though not in microwave. (I have done it one or two times in US
but I forgot all about it. I currently have a big eggplant-
actually, I was forgetting that I have it. We only add onion -
thinly sliced and washed - cilantro, Thai chillies, and salt though

Too bad I have to eat high protein diet and I don't have much room (in
my stomach) to eat lots of veggie.

Serve with crackers as a dip.

(My mom made this by baking the eggplant in one of those old fasioned
stove-top bakers.)

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation