Old 08-09-2008, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Grrr...

On 7/9/08 23:13, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

I've solved this by watering plants overnight and leaving them in the sink,
putting them back in their respective places in the morning. I don't have
anything fancy so it probably works for mine. Hot sunny day.......hot sunny
day......it'll come to me in a moment......

I doubt it very much...

I'm planting gopher trees innit.

To be fair, we had a beautiful sunny day here for most of the day. A couple
of groups of cyclists turned up to have cream teas and one of them mended
his punctured tyre on the lawn. I cannot describe the pleasure of hearing
people sitting in the garden, relaxed, in the sun, enjoying themselves. I
gave some children handfuls of fish pellets and they chortled and shrieked
and damn nearly fell in with sheer delight of getting the fish to come up to
feed - watchful parents and I prevented a soaking! Father wants a pond,
Mother is more cautious so we had a chat about that.
Others just wandered in and wandered around, filling their trolleys in happy
browsing tours that went on for some time. It's just amazing what a
difference a drop of sunshine makes! And everyone was *smiling*!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com