Old 08-09-2008, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Propagating Horsetail

"Sacha" wrote after...
"K" wrote:

I have a slightly unusual horsetail problem.

Our local nature reserve has some wood horsetail, which is quite common,
but not around here, so for us it's quite special.

Unfortunately, it's growing in a area where it might be vulnerable.

How would we got about transplanting some of it to a safer place?

Form an orderly queue.......... ;-))

Quite! I can't imagine why anyone would want to plant the stuff having had
it on our last allotment. However whilst in the Pas de Calais last week we
went to the Blockhaus at Eperlecques where the Nazis put together the V2
rockets and where, in the woods, there were clumps of a much larger
Horsetail up to 3ft tall which did look rather good (in that setting!).
If anyone goes to N. France I can recommend the Blockhaus, it hasn't been
sanitised like La Caupole and is by far the more sinister and thought
provoking because of that.

K, if you must plant it just dig up some roots and you will have it for
ever.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden