Old 08-09-2008, 03:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
Phred Phred is offline

Default Eggplants

In article , phorbin wrote:
In article 8e545c67-f7d8-494b-a9d3-74180e814548@
1g2000pre.googlegroups.com, says...
On Sep 1, 8:29 pm, Janet Wilder wrote:
TFM=AE wrote:

"Janet Wilder" wrote

punch a few holes in the skin with an ice pick and nuke it for a few
minutes cheking if it is getting soft every few minutes. It probably
shouldn't take more than 10 minutes at most, but I've never actually
done it and all microwaves are the same.

Is that a typo, or are you really that inexperienced with different
microwave ovens?

It's a typo. It should have read 'all microwaves *aren't* the same.

Shouldn't it be " Not all microwaves are the same"? A non-native
English speaker just wondering.

Amanda,

The intended meaning was made clear enough.

It doesn't matter.

You might not know that your comment and query amounts to a troll; then
again, you might.

On the other hand, you clearly know that your response *is* a troll.
(Just as I know I'm guilty of feeding a troll -- I hope the
gourmand in you finds it at least edible.)

But to continue... The pedant in me, while agreeing the meaning was
clear enough, does wonder whether "microwaves aren't all the same"
would have been the correct form of the original with "aren't"?

Addendum: Strawberries and cream *again* for dessert! (The local
supermarkets have finally got some palatable strawberries in stock.
It's only taken 45 years, so I guess we here in the deep north of the
deep south can't complain too much. :-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID