Old 08-09-2008, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Weed

On Sep 7, 12:30*pm, "bm" wrote:
"mogga" wrote in message

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 05:53:04 +0100, "bm" wrote:

I have a weed which has invaded my garden and I wage a constant battle
against it . It spreads by putting out shoots which then pop up and form
the
next weed. If the slightest piece breaks off it forms a new weed. I don't
know what it is called.
I have tried using roundup and it certainly seems to work but some areas
are
so bad I have had to dig them up as best as I can with limited success.
Is there a procedure for dealing with this pest?
Blair

Photo needed

Could it be

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...&sourceid=navc...

or
http://images.google.co.uk/images?um...CGGGL%3A2006-3...

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

I have tried to *attach a photo but it has been refused
I then put the photo onto a word document and this was also refused
How do I send a photo to this group?
Blair- Hide quoted text -

Does it look anything like the two photos uploaded above?
When I read your OP, I thought immediately of the creeping buttercup,
which drives me gently potty in the veg patch. It corresponds pretty
much to your description, but it is relatively easy to pull up.
FWIW, I think I am correct in saying that Roundup will not prevent
stuff re-seeding, but merely kill what's there when you apply it. So
your patch can be re-infested quite quickly.
Photo of creeping buttercup below:

http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/creepbcup.JPG

Cat(h)