Old 09-09-2008, 02:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Bay laurel

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message qSdxk.259806$gc5.201181@pd7urf2no
from "Graham" contains these words:

I have a bay laurel in a pot in the kitchen window (killer frosts are
predicted this week and the winter her is severe) and, after a season of
vigorous growth, it needs cutting back and shaping.
What is the best time for pruning?

If you're keeping it inside during intense cold, I wouldn't think there
is a 'best' time.

--

Well it does sort of "hibernate" during the winter low light. As diiferent
tree species demand different pruning times, I wasn't sure of the best time