Old 09-09-2008, 05:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default NEEM anyone use this in garden

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message

"poppy44" wrote in message
news

hi, iv used neem for the last 3 years (im in the Uk-north) and i have
had very little damage to my plants whereas before i was forever
battleing against the bugs. neem oil will not harm bugs,they just dont
like the taste of it. Im not saying its a miracle cure for all plants
ailments but in my case iv found it very good. you have to use it
regularly though and i use 'green' liquid soap bought seperately.Neem
is certainly better than the toxic sprays etc that are on sale in
garden centres all over the world.

I tried Neem and found it totally worthless. The bugs and insects ignore
it even when I doubled the recommended amount to use. It doesn't
discourage feeding as advertised. Neem is a scam.

What did you use it on? What bugs were you trying to control? What
concentration did you use it at? I found that Neem 1) repels cucumber
beetles and flea beetles for about four days. and 2) It actually stops the
spread of powdery mildew on squash - at least so far.