Old 09-09-2008, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fuschia Fuschia is offline

Default Planning permission for gardens?

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:13:54 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

While waiting for my wife to shop I browsed the headlines of various
daily papers this morning. One of them,I never noticed which, claimed
the dear old government are planning to bring in rules about what we can
do with our gardens. It seems that this is an attempt to reduce waste
production, mainly grass clippings! What a racket this recycling
business is becoming. We spent energy to clean bottles, glasses etc for
recycling then is is all dumped together and shipped to India it seems,
where it is mainly dumped in landfill!

Well I never believe anything I read in a paper, but this certainly
fits in with the government's aim to classify gardens as 'brownfield
sites' for building blocks of flats.
Perhaps they think that if we can't cultivate our gardens as we wish,
we might be more inclined to sell them off for building.
I am really getting to HATE this government and all it stands for.