Old 09-09-2008, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Planning permission for gardens?

Broadback wrote:
While waiting for my wife to shop I browsed the headlines of various
daily papers this morning. One of them,I never noticed which, claimed
the dear old government are planning to bring in rules about what we
can do with our gardens. It seems that this is an attempt to reduce
waste production, mainly grass clippings! What a racket this recycling
business is becoming. We spent energy to clean bottles, glasses etc
for recycling then is is all dumped together and shipped to India it
seems, where it is mainly dumped in landfill!

So, take up lawns and replace them with................block paving?
......................yeah, lets encourage some more flooding. Talking of
flooding, I'd agree with banning junk mail. Less to recycle, more trees left
standing........hopefully.
--
Pete C
London UK