Old 09-09-2008, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Bats!

Jangchub wrote:
Okay, so let's see...country with three hundred million and counting
humans, there have been 28 cases since 1995...I'd venture to guess
most of those were dumb humans seeing a sick animal and trying to pet
it or touch it. So, if a percentage of those were directly caused by
human stupidity, what does that leave us? You have a better chance of
being raped, killed, hit by a train, die in a car accident, from
disease caused by sexual contact, and any number of human diseases
which end in death.

Thank you for the link.

Sure, but why take chances. Rabies is endemic around here and I suspect
most people would not think of bats as a vector.