Old 09-09-2008, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Planning permission for gardens?

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Broadback
writes
While waiting for my wife to shop I browsed the headlines of various
daily papers this morning. One of them,I never noticed which, claimed
the dear old government are planning to bring in rules about what we
can do with our gardens. It seems that this is an attempt to reduce
waste production, mainly grass clippings! What a racket this recycling
business is becoming. We spent energy to clean bottles, glasses etc
for recycling then is is all dumped together and shipped to India it
seems, where it is mainly dumped in landfill!

The link is
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/mai.../09/09/eagarde
n109.xml

Had a struggle to patch that link together. The article consists
mainly of an opportunist Tory rant about a discussion document, and
rambles on about paper recycling among other things. :-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply