Old 09-09-2008, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Weed

The message

from "Cat(h)" contains these words:

Sorrel is very much edible, so long as it is not the Oxalis variety -
which appears to be the one you have. If I recall properly, it
contains oxalic acid, which is toxic in high doses.
But I wouldn't put it past one of the URGers to come up with an oxalis
chutney recipe which circumvents the problem...

Chutney would be difficult, but I will concoct a receipt for a sauce to
accompany fat meat if it so please you, M'Lady...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig