Old 09-09-2008, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian[_3_] Ian[_3_] is offline

Default Planning permission for gardens?

"Broadback" wrote in message
While waiting for my wife to shop I browsed the headlines of various daily
papers this morning. One of them,I never noticed which, claimed the dear
old government are planning to bring in rules about what we can do with
our gardens. It seems that this is an attempt to reduce waste production,
mainly grass clippings! What a racket this recycling business is becoming.
We spent energy to clean bottles, glasses etc for recycling then is is all
dumped together and shipped to India it seems, where it is mainly dumped
in landfill!

Planning permission for gardens will be promoted by supermarkets scared of
you growing your own food. You will be stealing their profits!
Just wait until I have to trim my neighbours overhanging bush again.